Wednesday, October 31, 2007

past lives and how they can affect the present.

i will speak about my own experience as illustration here, as the re-collections i experienced are pertenant in my current life.

my first regression found me in a roman soldier`s uniform, working as a jail guard keeping political prisoners in a dark dungeon.

not a very pleasant experience and one that reflects on some of my attitudes toward politics and policing now.

the second regression found me as a slave owner on a cotton plantation in the 1800s and i was killed by a slave in the regression.

this reflects on my ideas regarding employees and racial issues, where i don`t believe people of different races can integrate successfully, and that employees are still nothing more than slaves.

the third regression found me as a pilot shot down over the english channel during the second world war.

this regression explains why, at three years old, i was drawing airplane cockpits and dreaming of flying a plane.

i still, to this day, find myself drawn to fighter aircraft but while i have no fear of flying, i have an overwhelming sense of dread when i have had the opportunity to take control of a plane while we are in flight.

certainly one could suggest that these regressions are flights of imagination, and rightly so in many respects, but the therapeutic value is in being able to objectify the experiences and take a detached look at how they relate to my current life and view.

in the regression where i was killed by the slave, the therapist that did the regression asked me who the slave represented in my current life and i said my father.

again, this created a rationale for current relationships, as my father and i had a difficult time and i felt that he was in unreasonable conflict with me as i was growing up.

whether or not my father was the re-incarnation of a slave that killed me on a cotton plantation 200 years ago or not is moot. the process highlights the conflict i was experiencing then from a different perspective.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

very cool.
i want to do some past life regressing.